Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Prayer is becoming a part of my life. I have always prayed, lest anyone begin the defrocking of my Christian faith, but it has never come naturally. I would pray a stilted prayer before meals and a somewhat less stilted prayer of salvation before takeoffs and landings on airplanes.

My thankfulness can be sent up at any time these days. And, I no longer beg for a pardon on runways, but rather thank God for the long productive life I have led.

I don't ask forgiveness 18 times after a "big" sin. I thank God for his assurance that my sins are foregiven.

I pray for the service before it begins, an hour before it begins, and I pray for my friends.

When I was having an MRI, I had an intese hour of prayer for my loved ones.

Prayer isn't something that I do, it's something that I am. Let's hope it keeps going in that direction.

No comments: