Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Yesterday I got an email that said that my twitter account had been hacked. My only thoughts was, "I have a twitter account?"

I have not forgotten about blogging.

Really, I swear. I have not forgotten about blogging.

I have some really great ideas - but my mind just won't cooperate long enough to write a thorough post. I have been in Ukraine for almost three weeks and still my brain has not fully re cooperated. My first trip to Russia lasted for exactly three weeks and felt like the longest dream imaginable. We did every under the sun in the city of Konakovo. We toured museums and factories. We learned the Cyrillic alphabet and a handful of words (and I remember saying, "I speak Russian" and feeling only slightly more guilty than I do when I make the same statement today.)

These last three weeks have been short and sweet. I have reconnected with old friends, rested, painted, and otherwise tried to stay out of the way.

I'm trying to spend the month of January focusing on getting readjusted and working on my Ukrainian language skills. I'm trying not to get sucked into the work of ministry responsibility just yet. I'm trying to focus on myself for a bit and to realize how important it is for me and everyone else that I take the time I need to work on learning Ukrainian better.

I would also like to take some time to blog about things going through my mind - but right now I just don't feel like I have the time for that. But, I am almost certain that at some point soon I will have the necessary motivation, inspiration, and determination.

No comments: