Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I have walked up or down 50 flights of stairs today.  I am exhausted.

I am working on registration, and it seems that no one is ever in the office they are supposed to be in.  The paperwork just feels overwhelming.

While we have notaries in the states - they are a rarely used oddity.  Here they are a way of life.

Have you ever seen a TV show or a movie that showed a foreigner from Africa experiencing moving cars for the first time?  The way they show the savage reacting largely at the sight of one car after another?

That's the way I feel here with paperwork.  It's just not something that is part of our culture and it mystifies and amazes me.  Every time I have to get something notarized, stamped, signed, and sealed (literally dozens of times some months - in triplicate) my eyes get wide as I see the papers zooming past me.  

No comments: