Thursday, October 24, 2013

I'm often struck by the shear absurdity of a situation.  Volodya and I were walking through the park and this dog came up to us - it was smaller than a chihuahua but featured ear hair that dragged on the ground.  I almost wet myself I was laughing so hard.  Apparently it's a very expensive breed of dog - someone actually paid money for it!

It seems that life is filled with moments to celebrate and laugh.

It's easy to miss these moments.  It's so easy to get bogged down in the details of the day and to forget to just celebrate life.

It's never wrong to celebrate life.  I think that we forget this.  We try to be solemn and lead meaningful lives, but only laughter leads to a meaningful life.

Losing another dear friend to cancer has been hard on me.  It's hard to not be home and not be with people and you never feel like you've mourned well - but I write again and again the simple yet profound statement that if you fill your life with extraordinary people your life will be extraordinarily full.

Fill you life with good and kind and joyful people.  You won't go wrong.  Your life will be more good and kind and joyful for it.

No comments: