Saturday, October 24, 2009

I enjoy going back and looking over my older posts. For my own memory it's important to see what themes were most important in my life.

Love.

Freedom.

Grace.

Joy.

Community.

Sometimes I get red in the face when I see the things I wrote. Sometimes I have that exact thought. I'm writing and I think, "I'm going to be embarrassed by this later."

Sometimes I'm too honest and sometimes I'm too subtle.

I pray that I don't come across as being arrogant. I guess it's the nature of the beast. You have to really enjoy hearing yourself speak to decide to write it down for the world to read! But, I hope that people understand that this is just an outlet. I can write about things that are important to me, but that perhaps just wouldn't come up in normal conversation.

I'm in a different spot in my life than I was a few months ago. I'm wrestling with different ideas and ideals than I was just last Christmas. There are new elements of faith I wish I understood better.

So, I'm here. I'm going to keep writing, to keep struggling, to keep trying to understand. This has become part of my faith formation, and I hope you enjoy being along for the ride.

1 comment:

Penguin said...

Life changes like the seasons. Some are colorful, some drab and dreary Some are cold and refreshing, but it never ends. Its amazing to see the seasons in your life.