Sunday, February 17, 2013

photo-a-day settle


Settle


Home is wherever there is you.  I really struggled with the word "settle" because I couldn't take the negative implications away.  I kept thinking of settling for something less than the best.  When I look around my apartment (less clean than it should be!) I am reminded of the choice to settle in a different country - to find and love a new homeland.  This is an old soviet "house-phone" (домофон?) on a building near our temporary student center.  I love how each button is worn down by decades of house-guests and friends visiting.  I am reminded of all those who have found shelter in my homes over the years - of my little cottage in Toccoa where so many found a home at least for a few nights - and how I can live more fully in the apartment God has provided for me here in Lviv.  

Settle. 

No comments: