Tuesday, October 07, 2008

I went and spoke at St. Paul UMC in Lincolnton, GA on Sunday. I spoke about my mission trip this summer and about community. It was a really fun experience.

I decorated my house for Halloween. I wish there was a super-spiritual meaning behind Halloween (because no one buys the "All Hallows Eve is Christian" line) so I didn't feel so bad that Halloween is probably my favorite holiday. I mean Easter. I love Easter most. I'm a good Christian.

I'm slowly realizing that it's less important what other Christians think about me and infinitely more important what the un-churched around me think. I want to live my life with more freedom and joy ... even if that does piss off a lot of Christians. I have a lot of thinking left to do on the subject. Maybe I'll blog about it.

Maybe.

2 comments:

allcedars said...

everything in moderation

Michael Airgood said...

Do you mean I should think in moderation. Because I can agree with that.