Sunday, March 03, 2013

Photo a day for Lent: thirst



thirst.


This is an old picture.  I've come to the realization that although my life is very interesting, I only bother getting my camera out when my pets do something of note.  I'm sorry.  I stopped posting for a week because (I got super busy) I was embarrassed at how poorly I was doing.  My friends all had great ideas and perspective, and I was posting pictures of pictures and pets.  I'm going to try to finish this out. 

Jonathan Pound and I made the front cover of a large metropolitan newspaper.  We joined a Tea Party protest to get extra credit for a class.  Christian College. We didn't believe in this cause, but we wanted to learn more about social movements.  Jonathan ended up being the star attraction, as apparently Tea Partiers couldn't get enough of his rugged good looks and boundless enthusiasm for the flat tax.  

I loved Jonathan's thirst for justice.  Although this was a spoof and this picture a mockery of a "movement," this is how I will always remember Jonathan.  Jon-boy was fearless in standing up against those who stood in the way of justice.  When I was arrested while protesting a few years later, some months after his death, I cried because I knew he would have been right beside me in the cell.  

thirst. 


No comments: