Monday, March 31, 2008

I watched Sophie Scholl again. I am again reminded what true faith looks like lived out.

And some days, no, most days; I need to be reminder; I need to remember what it looks like to live out your faith. It doesn’t look like what I see every day. It doesn’t look like youth, at the prime of their lives, hidden away in ivory towers studying what dead white men thought about God; faith looks like Sophie Scholl walking to the guillotine. Faith looks a heartbroken mother and father saying goodbye to their faithful children for the last time. Faith cries out, “There is a Higher Justice.” Faith doesn’t argue over proper eschatology.

We don’t live out our faith by getting A’s in Bible Classes; we live out our faith by standing up for what is right in the face of all opposition. "And what does the Lord require of you, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?"

1 comment:

Meredith said...

i love that movie