Thursday, May 29, 2008

Well it seems I have better and faster internet here than I do at school. Go figure. I've met some really fun people at the seminary. One of the girls who works here is black - literally the first black person I have ever seen in Russia. When I saw her I assumed that she was an african AMERICAN and I started speaking at her in English. She just got a really confused look and walked away. That was awkward.

I think some of the students and I will go for a walk tonight. Tomorrow I am going to Konakovo. My primary object is to let them know that I am on my way - my secondary object is to get an address for Igor in Moscow, because I can't afford to stay at the seminary. It's costing me $40 a night! Prices in Moscow are unbelievably high. And, I would love to hang out with Igor again. If he isn't in Moscow during the summer I know a few other people who have apartments in Moscow ... now it's just down to finding a reasonable comfortable floor.

I've tried 4 times to take a shower - they are fixing the one on my floor, the one on the floor beneath mine is broken, and the other option isn't working this hour. I think I will get to use the Bishop's shower if this isn't worked out by tomorrow. Holy water. Haha. This is why I keep a separate blog for church people and one for friends. Haha.

1 comment:

allcedars said...

My cooperating teacher in Moscow said that they turn off the hot water in Moscow by sections for three weeks...