Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I find that my theological views are diverse. After several sessions with my psychiatrist and many tearful nights I have discovered that I'm not truly a liberal. It's shocking, I know.

Compared to the average Toccoa Falls Student, I'm heretically liberal. Compared to the average United Methodist Bishop, I'm a Bible Thumper. I find that I am too liberal for my conservative circles and too conservative for my liberal circles.

I support unoquivocally gay rights ... but I'm also morally opposed to debt. I support a woman's right to choose ... but I still refuse to watch a trilogy because I think they mock the trinity. I am opposed to both war and the death penalty ... yet I am strongly opposed to mixed gendered wrestling (especially in mud or jello.) I hate big business ... yet I still shop at Wal-mart. I deny the innerancy and infallibity of Scripture ... yet I still believe that almost every word applies to daily life. I think that anyone who doesn't agree with global warming is an idiot ... yet I still litter when no one is looking.

I'm theologically and politically diverse. Now I'm going to go and cry and try to cope with my pain.

1 comment:

Mary said...

oh, you crazy teenagers and your angst.