Wednesday, May 16, 2007

So, I haven't blogged much lately. I lost internet at my house for a while, but today it was back on. I'm hoping it stays for the summer. On-line classes, you know.

I had a great last few weeks of class. I got all of my grades in. I finished with a 3.62 for the semester. Enough to bring my cumulative GPA back up to where it needs to be to keep my scholarship. Praise God. I failed both of my student ministries, but I'm not too concerned about it. I have plenty of time to get those in.

I have started doing chapter summaries. I am going to try to summarize the entire OT this summer. It doesn't seem likely, but you never know. I struggle so much with faith in God when I'm reading the OT. I would die if I was Jewish.

My Sunday School class is going through Revelation right now. I would die if I based my faith on that book. I don't like the lessons one bit. They are not in depth enough to cover the topics with any faithfulness, but they aren't shallow enough to avoid the tricky stuff. It's horrible.

I stood a few inches from Billy Graham's grandson. It was pretty exciting. We gave him an honourary doctorate, which I find funny because we don't even have a master's program, but we can give out doctorates? Great.

I hate human relationships. Things where so much easier on Kremlach where people didn't talk to each other. I just really struggle with defining who I am based on what other people think of me. I realize how ridiculous this is, but (sigh) a friend was rating all of the men on campus and placed a professor over me (end sigh) I know how childish and superficial that sounds ... but I feel so ugly when I can't even compare to a married 35 year ofd prof. Arghh. And, then I feel even more stupid for basing my view of myself on a person's superficial rating system. I just wish I could put less emphasis on what other people think of me.

I feel so silly for having written that above paragraph.

I'm trying to get some rest this week, and also trying to balance family committments for this summer. I don't want to drive home, but my car needs a sticker, and I do want to come home. I feel so alone. It's not like there's any nightlife in Toccoa. I just want to make some non-TFC friends.

That's a summary of my life. Yep, won't do that again for a long time.

No comments: