Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Why am I even here?

There are days that I wonder about that question. I'm having some problems at church, and today I asked that question. I love my church, the people I mean, and I am excited to be part of a growing church.

I know why I'm here.

Today I met 10-20 parents of children who are going to summer school. These parents were extremely low income people, usually with several children, painfully overweight or underweight, or my age. I get to spend 6 weeks working with their children and trying to get them caught up with the rest of their class.

I know why I'm here.

I have a large circle of friends with whom I spend time. I have rarely been happier.

I know why I'm here.

I have some forgiveness issues to work through still. I have class and school work to catch up on. I have chapter summaries to do ahead.

I know why I'm here.

Some days I just don't remember why I'm here. I need lots of reminders.

No comments: