Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I remember the last time Facebook made a major overhaul. I remember the upset and the mutual disgust. We called it Stalkerbook because it told you every time someone ended a relationship and began a new one. I can't function without this information today. I remember the outrage only because I face it again. Facebook is again making major changes.

Change is a little hard to deal with. My church in Toccoa just swapped out both of our pastors. I was gone for the summer and haven't heard one word of complaint. Any complaining has swept past us in those two months I was gone. Maybe a whole bunch of people have left the church in disgust of the new clergy ... but the seats have been filled by others and we don't miss them.

Sometimes we're afraid of change. Even when change is good and necessary we are afraid to do it. We begin the process of adding another service at Toccoa First UMC, and I pray that we continue unafraid. Because sometimes change is good and necessary ... and often anyone who would be against it will fade away quickly. So far I haven't heard any opposition, and I feel that maybe now the people are getting it. I think my friends are beginning to understand that this change is needed.

No comments: