Sunday, February 05, 2006

I love weekends. I know - I'm a college student and it's a prerequisite that I love weekends. But, even if I wasn't forced at gunpoint to love weekends I still think I would.

On Friday I went to a friend's birthday party. On Saturday I spent 6 hourse working on a Habitat for Humanity house. Professor Collier was in charge of the worksite, and boy was it fun to work with him. He is the most conservative theologian. Ever. We have postulated that if he ever uttered one liberal thing his head would explode. "The Holy Spirit is a woman?" Bang!! Pop goes the weasel. All joking aside, his head literally would explode. He is also a mean sarcasm person. We get along great. We put up sheetrock for most of the ceiling on the first floor. It felt good to be doing something nice to give back to the community.

I, however, managed to work through about an hour of the time I was supposed to be at a class. I had a movie to watch for 3 hours on Saturday, and after getting back atleast 1 1/2 hours into the film I took a shower, and decided that I would try and make it up later. I had a cake to bake.

We had the realy party for Ann on Saturday. I made her favorite cake, "better than sex cake." I'm not making this up. It was pretty good ... but if that's all that I have to look forward to.... Nevermind. We had a fun dinner - me and my upperclassman friends. I went to Wal-mart with Ann, Liz, and Mel. We have a new Wal-Mart and it's amazing.

I brought my friend Joel to church with me this morning. It was fun. The pastor's sermon was so good. I almost cried during it. I lauged, I cried, ... it moved me Bob. I'm heading off to youth group now for the Super Bowl.

So that's it. No moral or spiritual insight. No sermon to preach, no bones to break. Just a scheduler in reverse. I hope all of my weekends are as fulfilling.

No comments: