Saturday, June 02, 2007

It wasn't the waterfall I had wanted to see. I went to my church camp yesterday. I knew that there was something there I wanted to see. It wasn't the cabin I had stayed in. It wasn't the chapel. I knew it was something, but I couldn't think what it could be. I figured it out as I passed the building. I had wanted to see a room in "the bob." The Bob Cagle Program Center had been closed to campers last summer. Before our last communion my campers, the other councelor, and I had snuck in. We had a time of fellowship and worship together. We leaned on one another, we cried, we prayed, we confessed. It was beautiful.

No waterfall could compare to what had happened in that room. I had needed to see that room. That's why I had gone.

Some days we need something like that to hold on to.

No comments: