Sunday, December 03, 2006

I have chosen the names of my first two sons. Michael Reese and Mathan Modest.

I'm not planning on having children anytime soon ... not until well after I'm married. I like the name Michael Reese because (this is the part I won't tell my wife) it is the name of the lead singer of my favorite band. It's also my first name and my great aunt Mabel's last name. Michael Reese. I would call my son Reese. I have just started taking to the name Mathan Modest. Mathan is a name of someone in the lineage of Jesus. Modest is the name of Peter Tchaikovsky's brother. In Russia my son would be called Modest and in the states my son would be called Mathan. Reese and Mathan. I have always decided to just let my wife name our children ... but ... I want children now. I want to have sons and raise them up in the ways of the Lord. I want my sons to know the Bible and to know our Savior. I want to be a better father than mine ... I want to be a daddy.

No comments: