Thursday, December 21, 2006

I'm watching CNBC. It's on the TV, anyway. They are discussing people's Christmas Cheer. People's spending is up $300 from just a few days ago. Obviously people are in more of a Christmas spirit now than they were a few days ago. They are spending much more money ... they've caught the Christmas spirit.

Bah humbug. I don't have a dime and I have even less Christmas spirit. (Actually I have a little over $3 and I have enough Christmas spirit to last me through the holiday thanks to little Adam Hickey playing the piano for the kid's Christmas Pageant.) I liked this holiday a lot more when I was younger. Santa doesn't bring me happiness. Giant plastic nativity scenes don't fulfill. Inflatable snowmen and snowglobes make me queasy. Tilted, real trees give me some joy ... but it's artificial (like next year's tree will be.)

I don't feel enthused anticipating the birth of the savior. Some days I forget just how important His birth was. I'm going to spend Christmas eve celebrating the birth of our Savior. Christmas day I will probably succumb to the fervor of consumerism.

1 comment:

sattvicwarrior said...

you say!!!!!!!!!!
I will probably succumb to the fervor of consumerism. "

NOW THATS SPOKEN LIKE A " TRUE CHRISTIAN".