Thursday, December 14, 2006

I sat in the Borders on Peach Tree St. and read both of the postsecret books. I sat for a long time thinking of which of my secrets I would send in. I don't really have many that I would send in, and most would end up being pretty mundane/common. I don't think I have any secret that no one knows. If there is one it's because it isn't an interesting enough secret.

During the last senior high week of church camp we all sat down and shared the burdens of our lives. We shared together in a loving environment stories of abuse and pain. It was a beautiful cathartic thing.

I read page after page of people who cut themselves or where abused as children. It was an intense thing to see so many people's secrets. I sat in a circle, this summer, of wonderful Christian people who dealt with so much pain. It was a beautiful thing to see so many people dealing with their secrets.

Writing a secret on a Postcard and giving it to the world doesn't ease the pain. Giving a secret over to Christ, especially in a loving environment, is life changing. There's a whole world out there who are so desperate for relief from the secrets of their life. Jesus is always ready to take away our pain ... but we need to let it go, first.

No comments: