Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I got some great news this morning. My grandparents are coming up for the Valentine's dinner I'm hosting at my house. I half-jokingly invited them to come, but I am thrilled that they took me seriously and are going to make the trip.

Right now I'm really frustrated trying to work out all the details for a skit for church. They kids in the drama team want to do a funny skit. My church is doing the five love languages and ... honestly - I don't think there's anything funny about love. The book always talks about marriage - and I'm currently leading an all girl drama group. I'm really hoping no one gets the idea that I'm trying to be uber-liberal with this skit.

The other skit I'm working on is for Good Friday. How to convince a group of giggly girls to be serious for 3 whole minutes while contemplating the death of our savior. We're working on it.

I'm having some trouble getting my house in order. I have so much stuff now! I had friends over and used almost all of my dishes. My drying rack only holds so much stuff. It has taken me several rounds of dishwashing to get through it all.

I really miss having the internet all the time. I know it will ultimately help my studies, but boy do I miss constant Wikipedia action.

1 comment:

sattvicwarrior said...

SORRY POSTED THIS ON THE WRONG DATE. TRY THIS

YOU SAY..
How to convince a group of giggly girls to be serious for 3 whole minutes while contemplating the death of our savior. We're working on it.

I SAY...........
heres and easy scenario.
SIMPLY PRESENT THE TRUTH THAT CHRIST WAS CRUCIFIED [ IRONICALLY?] AT SPRING SOLSTICE.
[ JUST AS HE WAS BORN ON “ WINTER SOLSTICE”]. A PROVEN MYTH BY MANY THEOLOGIANS ] . SO SINCE AS HISTORY WOULD DICTATE AND REFLECT ON THE FACT THAT ITS ALL ABOUT THE RITUAL OF REBIRTH , ……… A NEW SEASON………….. SO WHY NOT HAMMER THE EASTER BUNNY TO THE CROSS. .???????
SYMBOLISM IS THE ESSENCE OF DISTORTED RITUALS AS EXHIBITED IN CONTEMPORARY CHRISTIAN SOCIETY TODAY.. . IT JUST MIGHT GIVE THEM THE INSPIRATION TO SEEK TRUTH AS OPPOSED TO MYTH AND FABLES AS DESCRIBED IN THAT BOOK OF FILTH WHERE MURDER RAPE AND MAYHEM ARE RAMPANT CALLED THE BIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!
COOL HUH???