Friday, February 13, 2009

I have had a rough day. I'm not feeling well, but on top of that I received the very sad news that the General Board of Global Ministries has placed a "freeze" on all new missionary personnel applications. So, it looks like I won't be going overseas with the GBGM anytime soon. My application is in, and on-file to be considered when they begin hiring new missionaries again, but in the meantime I will be working at least part time and working towards my masters degree.

See, I'm stubborn. I'm almost this stubborn, actually.



I'm also called to serve with the GBGM. These two factors combine to produce a young adult who will do anything to become a General Board Missionary.

Today I was a sad, frustrated, and perhaps even a little angry. But now I have calmed down and realize that this too must be part of the plan. I'm going to have to suck it up and have a little faith.

I'm going on vacation this weekend, to a lake house. I will be basically unreachable. See you on Monday, Love, Michael.

No comments: