Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Michael Makes a Major Life Decision




This is the flag of South Korea. I have decided that starting this summer I will be teaching in South Korea as a General Board of Global Ministries Individual Volunteer.

Barring any unforseen major complication I will be leaving shortly after graduation to teach at the Wesley Mission School. The school is designed to prepare children and youth who want to become missionaries by teaching them the international languages of English and Love.

This decision appears to be the best, most practical decision I can make to ensure that I have employment after graduation; but employment without a long-term time investment so that I am free when the General Board removes its freeze on career missionary hirings. This opportunity is also the choice most in line with my philosophies of life and ministry.

I'm excited about this opportunity and hope that you'll be praying for me. I'm sure I'll have plenty to blog about!

No comments: