Saturday, April 14, 2007

Faith and Praise

Yep, that's the lesson I get to teach to the middle school Sunday school class tomorrow.

Two of the hardest subject for me and I get to present them both in one lesson to a bunch of middle schoolers.

Faith: The story is the parting of the Red Sea. When your back is against the water and Pharoah's army is coming after you what other choice to do you have but to trust in God. When I'm down to my last dime I most assuredly have faith that He will provide ... but ... then there are the times when faith seems option and then it is difficult to have faith.

Praise: Have you ever tried to praise God when it hurts? It sucks. Plain and simple ... it sucketh. But, there is an incredible testimony of faith when we can praise God when things look really bad. We are a people of a hope. Our hope doesn't pertain to our safety or our comfort. Our hope exists when we have faith enough to praise God in any circumstance.

No comments: