Monday, April 23, 2007

I recently wrote a paper supporting full inclusion. I understand all of the reasons it was stupid. I handed it in fully knowing that it would persuade no one. I wrote it knowing that I would get a lesser grade than a similar paper without a liberal bias.

I'm tired ...

I'm tired of handing in papers that are lies.

I'm tired of answering questions on tests that violate my beliefs simply for a few points.

I'm tired of people who cannot recognize that God doesn't smite his children for thinking outside of the box.

I'm tired of people doubting my salvation because of a few non-mainstream theological/social points.

I'm tired of being thought of as a lesser Christian because of my beliefs.

I'm tired of the Hermeneutical principal that a text has only one meaning - I don't even think that the original intent of the writer is necessarily what we are supposed to glean from the text.

I'm tired of hearing people deify the Bible while they refuse to live out what is written in it.

I'm tired of the awkward animistic reverance that we attach to the Bible. - If you drop it ... it will ... what? lose it's power? If we burn it ... it will ... what? stop being the word of God?

I'm tired of viewing the scriptures systematically.

So, that's why I wrote my paper on full inclusion. I wanted to be honest. I didn't want to lie to a professor, to a brother. I didn't want to lie to myself by writing a paper I didn't agree with. I'm a follower of Jesus Christ, I may have different opinions than other people, but I refuse to be labeled anything less than an ardent follower of Jesus Christ.

No comments: