Sunday, April 08, 2007

On Easter

There may be things about me you do not like, doctrines I hold to that you do not approve of, and personal choices I have made that seem irrational to you; but you cannot deny my love of the Savior nor diminish- one iota - his influence on my life.

I went to the tomb this morning, broken and dying. I found it empty, and in finding it so hollow I found again the fulfillment my life so desperately needs. I don't remember whether I fell at his feet and clutched them in my arms or if he had asked not to be touched. I don't remember what physically happened, but I was in his arms. I was wrapped in his love. An empty tomb, a filled heart. I needed on this day to find again the proof of resurrection, today I found it - not only a physical tomb with a literal resurrection, but a church filled to the very brim with Easter people: every last one reminded that our song is Hallelujah. I found not only historical evidence for the empty tomb, but within my own heart the very Christ who eluded the tomb now resides.

You ask me how I know he lives? He lives within my heart. On this tenent I build my faith. The rest I am unsure of; the details are left unresolved. Today I found an empty tomb, today I was reminded of my filled heart.

No comments: