Friday, June 22, 2007

Veronica, I wish that you knew who Rosa Parks was. I wish you knew what she did. I hope some day you will know who she is and what she sat for. I wish someday you will learn her courage.

Shaperio, I wish you didn't have a picture of that damn dead rapper on your backpack. I wish your merchandise celebrated someone who died for something other than his own stupidity. I wish your shoes commemorated someone who lived for Truth instead of living for his own wealth.

Malique, you don't know this yet, but you could be a great leader. I hope you pay attention when they teach you about MLK. I hope you take to heart the things he said. I hope you learn from his speeches. I hope you learn the Truth and lead the way for others.

I want you all to know that you are so much more than you might think. You have the potential to accomplish more than anyone could believe. I love you, and I'm praying for change. The statistics say you will end up on drugs and welfare. Fuck statistics. I pray that I can let you know that God loves you and that He has a plan for you. I hope you know what you are worth. I'm praying that God will use you as leaders - that you will rise above the plan this world has for you and embrace the plan God has for you. I still believe in you and so does God.

I love you and so does God.

No comments: