Monday, April 03, 2006

I had an exciting day. I have been planning an event for the guys on my campus who plan on being missionaries. I was a little nervous about not getting the word out early enough. We had 11 people sign up so far for the canoe trip and dinner. I'm really glad things are going so well.

I have a date on Thursday. We will be going to see Cinderella. I'm not sure how serious we are - I generally like to keep things vague ... because dating is seen as such a huge thing on my campus. People take dating so seriously. I just want to go out and have a fun time - if things go well I might pursue a relationship.

My friends Jon and Ann got engaged on Saturday. I was at John's house all day on Saturday. We toasted him before he left, prayed and waited until they got back, and celebrated with them with cake and more toasts. We had an exciting time together - celebrating an engagment of course - but also celebrating Christian community at its best.

We will have at least 2 or 3 more people in drama after Easter. I know it is only 4 or 5 weeks, but we will do 2 presentations. Neither are particularly difficult - here's to hoping.

I have keys to Joe Peabody's house. He is the lead pastor with the church start I will be working with. He gave Jess and I both keys so if we are ever in town we can drop by and take a nap, clean, cook, or watch TV. He's such a fun guy. We talked a lot about the church as it stands, and what we want the church to be. It was so exciting. I can't wait to be in the full swing of things.

No comments: