Thursday, April 06, 2006

I'm doing a lot better today. I called and apologized to my dad for yelling at him. Mom reminded me that I need to be an example of Christ to him. It is so difficult, but with time I pray I will get better at it.

I talked with Ben for a few hours (maybe only 1 1/2) about his relationship. I was brutaly honest, but I'm not sure how much got through. It's totally in God's hands - and I will keep my mouth closed until I feel led to do something else.

I took a girl out on a date today. Her name is Kelly, and I really think that we will have a long term relationship. I like her a lot, we share a lot of common interests, and we just get each other. By TFC standards we should be married already. That was a joke - a very cynical joke. I'm really praying about it, but am sure that we will go on more dates. We saw Cinderella presented by the local middle school and then went out for coffee. We were seen by other TFC students so we should be the talk of a lot of gossip by tomorrow. Yay. Her friends are all really funny. Hannah Joy opened the door and acted like a maid, and then another girl said, "your lady awaits." It made a fun start to the night.

Threadbare is this Saturday!!! It looks like it will rain, but I am sure that everything will work out. If I haven't blogged about it - God laid on my heart a vision for gathering the guys on this campus who plan on becoming missionaries together. We will go canoeing and then have dinner and a speaker. I feel like I am back in YMT or something planning the event. We had to do everything from the ground up - and I'm not sure how everything will work out yet! I feel that God is so totally in control of this. I know that whatever happens will be great. I just pray that it will have enough momentum that next year I can get a few more than 2 other kids to help!

I wrote 2 and 1/4 page for my 3 page paper. I don't have a whole lot else to say, but think that I can at least get it done by tomorrow. My computer is fixed - I finished chapter summaries for yesterday. I might get 8 hours of sleep tonight! (Maybe!) I will be man number 4 in my friend's wedding - eventually.

I know that I am in the loving arms of a Savior who died for me. Sometimes I forget that if none of the other things here were going well - this one would remain. This is the only one that matters. Everything else is poppykok and twuddle as Rodgers and Hammerstein would say.

1 comment:

Pastor Bill said...

"I know that I am in the loving arms of a Savior who died for me. Sometimes I forget that if none of the other things here were going well - this one would remain. This is the only one that matters."

If you never blog another word, this will remain the most profound thing you can ever say.

God bless you Michael.