Saturday, April 08, 2006

I went on a canoe trip. I actually organized it. I know - there is a lot of things wrong with the idea of me being in charge of a canoe trip. I realize I haven't canoed since I was 8, don't like outdoor stuff, and had to call a friend to find out how to dress for the event. I realize the great number of reasons why I shouldn't have been in charge. God, however, didn't understand any of those reasons and prompted me to be in charge.
Everything went very well, in my humble opinion. 19 guys went canoeing and 6 more met us at a prof's house for dinner. The event was for guys who plan on being missionaries. We had a speaker who has been a missionary in Africa and came back to the states to get married.
There was a 90% chance of rain this morning - and a 40% chance of lightning. It neither rained nor lightning-ed. It was great.
I'm going to go to bed now - exhausted physically - but, refreshed spiritually and emotionally. It was fun.

No comments: