Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I have to write a paper (5-6 pages) on the Diety of Christ. I have never doubted the Diety of Christ. It has never crossed my mind. I have always believed in the Trinity. I don't necessarily believe that the Holy Spirit is a man ... but ... uhmm, I don't see why that's heretical. I don't fully understand the point of the assignment. I have read several papers people have done in the past. 1 page of writing - 4-5 pages of filler material. God called Jesus "my beloved son." That's what I need.

We are only allowed to use the Pauline epistles to defend the Diety of Christ. Yes, in case we are argueing religion with someone who is willing to throw out all 4 of the Gospels, but keep Paul's writing???? That's just silly. It is also silly that we all have to use the same definition of the Trinity and work from there, use the the same books (after they have all been taken out of the library you're screwed!), and defend the same point. I read one chapter today on how the Trinitarian view of life showed that homosexual relationships were okay. I decided that everything else in that book is heretical at best.

I aso have 11 Chapter Summaries due tomorrow!

No comments: