Thursday, August 24, 2006

I have been fighting that uphill battle of beating down intolerance when it shows up on campus. It is really like trying to get rid of weeds. There is so much hatred buried so deeply in many people's hearts. I know that most people feel justified in their hate. Who would hate without feeling justified? It makes me so sad to see people who profess to be Christians, but fail to understand that the hatred in their hearts has to go for them to be right with God.

I support gay rights. I support gay people. Most TFC students feel that it is a sin and that a person can't be gay and be a Christian. I don't mind that attitude. Some students feel that God hates fags. They honestly believe (for reasons I will never understand) that God judges homosexuality with more ferocity than he judges "normal" sin. When I get this concept down I think I deserve a freakin medal of honor. I always try and give my viewpoints gently and slowly.

- God loves the world. God judges all sin the same. Gay people are sinners. You and I are sinners, too. God loves gay people. No one (except Christ) can be completely without sin. We should love others - including gays.

It's not rocket science, but for some reason so many Christians believe that they are denying Christ by believing such heretical things. Call me a heretic, but I believe that Christ is sufficient - even for gays.

No comments: