Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I realize that no one cares that I missed breakfast this morning. I even forgot to eat the scone that I tucked away from yesterday. -- I have figured out that people get bored reading about my friends in Georgia that they will never meet. My friend Dustin almost twisted my wrist until it was broken today when we were messing around before he realized that he was hurting me ... but when he realized this he stopped right away and we had a cathartic moment of forgiveness. -- I've come to terms with the notion that maybe not everyone is that interested in reading about my latest nap or ham sandwich. I haven't taken a nap or a ham sandwich in over two weeks I'm proud to say.

But, my life is so chaotic. I seem so thrown in the wind of life right now. I feel like I'm coming apart at the seems I so neatly had sewn last semester. There's plenty of good things going on here, but the pain that this school levied upon me was buried here. The wind is unveiling it.

Our first chapel service ended with everyone standing and signing a large sheet of paper which showed that they were willing to change the world. Few meant that with their signature also went a sold out devotion to God and a promise of changing His world. Most meant simply that they were sheep and didn't want to buck the trend. Today we heard about the many exciting ministry oppertunities available to us. Each one was C&MA approved and didn't involve actually having to touch anyone who was different from you. (Except kids. We don't mind black kids ... but that stops at the teenage years.)

I want to change the world. I didn't sign the paper. None of my friends whom I see changing the world signed the paper. I don't see a lot of people who changed the world by maintaining the status quo. I see a lot of people who shook things up until change happened.

I'm going to keep writing - and praying - that soon when I report my day to day life it will involve a lot of change. In my life. In this campus. In this world. Amen.

No comments: