Friday, August 25, 2006

I have finished my first week of classes as a Sophomore. My sister is sick with Vertigo - and now on Vicadin (lucky). My dad was approved for the gastric bypass surgery. I have 14 chapters of Jane Austen and a 3 page essay to finish for Monday. I have a line of Sweet and Low that I'm considering snorting to try and blot out the pain.

I have so much to be thankful for. Good friends, good food, good God. I am more blessed in the friends area than almost anyone I know. I don't have a lot of "lifetime" friends ... but I'm set for the next 3 years at least. I also have a crazy large readership of my blog. Including, however not limited to, people that I write about. Sometimes, when your life is a Job story, I will write about you if only to point out suffering. I call 'em like I see 'em.

I have this vision of real change happening soon. I don't think it will be my life that's about to change ... but you never know. I'm thinking it will be Toccoa Falls. Revival anyone? This is Dean Adams last year, and I know he has been praying fervently for revival. If our chapels didn't suck so much maybe revival could happen.

I have decided to work during the chapel hour. Every day. I will still go to my small group, but I feel so lonely when I worship with a lot of TFC students. A few people don't even feel that I am worthy to be there worshipping with them because I am a liberal. I realize, that in all reality none of us are worthy to worship God ... but there's something about their judgement that really cuts deep.

So many people here believe that you only should be in a church if you are saved and have it all together (or at least pretend that you have it all together). I don't know what I believe about a lot of things. My friends were denied missionary candidate status because they were post-mill instead of pre-mill. Somewhere we missed the point dramatically. We go to churches that don't give a damn about the people outside of their walls, and yet such a minute point of contention is considered important. Give me a break. Give God a break.

No comments: