Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I love Methodists.

I went to the Thanksgiving staff dinner at Camp Glisson. Some days I forget how freeing grace is. I worked with 75 college kids who go to secular universities and openly share the love and grace of Jesus Christ with everyone they come in contact with. I'm moved to tears by their graciousness and love.

When I left Camp Glisson I was very sick and pretty depressed. I remember thinking that I hadn't made any friends and that those people didn't really love me. I was surrounded by love, today.

I haven't had the best day. My petition to move off campus was rejected. The last step is to appeal to the President's cabinet. I had a meeting with a Dean to discuss my request. Everything I said bounced off the ceiling. I, sadly, had to have my father call him. Dad called him and the two had a really good conversation. My dad said the same things I had said, but he listened to my father. The Dean now realizes that if I'm not allowed to move off campus that I will be leaving the school. When I said that it didn't mean anything, but when my father said it - it was gospel.

I'm tired of being treated as a child. It was refreshing to be surrounded by Methodists who love God with their whole heart. I'm tired of people with a devotion for God that can't get past silly rules. I pray that I never fall into legalism again. I know that some days I skate on thin ice with the idea of love. Some days I believe that God's love is all that matters ... most days I realize that "God loves you just the way you are, but He loves you too much to let you stay that way."

No comments: