Thursday, November 16, 2006

Suddenly I want to go to a High school reunion!

I found my high school year book. It was a fun read. I'm quoted saying that being a senior means ..."it's your last year and you get to pick on freshmen." Now, no one I know would believe that I pick on freshmen. Why would I say that? And, since I was in Russia for the second half of Senior year I'm really wondering if someone just made that up.

I started thinking about what I have accomplished since I left high school. I have spent a total of less than 50 days in "good ole General Kane, PA." I have worked at two church camps and almost earned almost 50 credit hours of college credit. (having completed my 47th credit hour at the end of this semester means I almost earned almost 50 credit hours.) I have learned a great deal about Jane Austen, lived with no fewer than 10 different people, put several hours into a new church plant, started a drama ministry, worked with youth, and made tremendous friends.

I have also lost touch with a lot of old friends, been majorly sick more than in the rest of my life, and haven't seen my mother for more than a week at a time in almost a year. It's been hard but I think it will end up being worth it.

I want to go to a reunion now, because no one has accomplished anything. Other than a few kids having fornicated their way into parenthood or worked their way into a steady job, no one has accomplished much of anything. Except, we have all grown. I have grown a tremendous amount since leaving home. I imagine that the rest of my class has grown as well.

No comments: