Monday, November 27, 2006

I'm still here. I feel much better. Mentally, emotionally, and physically I am better. I have faced a lot of things this semester. I have had pneumonia twice - for starters. I'm appealing to move off campus. I have been rejected twice, and now my appeal is to go before the president's cabinet. I will have the nurse write me a letter detailing my illnesses and hopefully she will recommend that I move off campus. Dr. Smith is writing me a letter of personal recommendation. My parents have told the dean of students that I will not be returning next semester if I am not allowed to move off campus.

I'm not worried. I'm suprisingly content. I have a huge paper due, a book to read (I read it once already), and a big project. I'm not worried. I know that everything is going to work out. I have been in the house that I want to rent - and I know that I'm going to live there. I know that it will work out for good.

I am at peace. I'm not sure what will happen, but I know that God is sovereign.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Michael, you sound like you are going through a lot right now. I wanted to tell you that whatever happens in the next few years of college that life after college is so much different. Don't be discouraged. Spend time in prayer with God and ask Him to show you the way--the best way for you. From personal experience, we as humans can choose to do it the way we want, or we can choose to do it the way God wants us to do it. We are each given gifts, and they are not all alike. Fundamental or conservative Christian worship and belief is not necessarily wrong. A more liberal approach is not necessarily right, either.

When we are very young, our parents set limits so that we can learn what we are allowed to do. This is really for our own protection as children in order to keep us safe. As we get older, we are able to venture out into the world with the tools that are needed to face the many challenges--challenges you will later face. Many Christian colleges use this philosophy. This is not to say it is right or wrong but that is just their way of trying to deal with problems outside of campus. They really want to protect everyone. There are even some students who are not ready to face the 'real' world after they graduate from college.

I will leave you with these thoughts. We each have a road to travel as we try to gain spiritual maturity. Believe me, age does not mean one is more mature in the Spirit. You come across as a person who wants to do something with the talents you have been given. I think you are very passionate about your beliefs. Focus on those talents and what you can do for the Lord. Continue to pray and try to walk in the path of Jesus. As you have already learned, someone who comes to know Jesus and wants to commit his or her life to Christ becomes like a small child as they want to learn and know more about Him. I see this in you. You have a passion to do something with your talents. Good luck, and I wish you well with whatever it may be.

May God bless you and keep you safe,
AG