Saturday, November 18, 2006

"We're here to celebrate the words of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., not because he spoke them, but because he lived them." - Andrew Young, former Atlanta Mayor, at the groundbreaking ceremonies for the new MLK center.

I realize that I say a lot of things I don't live. Not that I'm dishonest or don't keep my word. I just realized that I say some pretty radical statements but rarely have the life to back them up. I think that Jesus is more radical than the church will ever give him credit for. I think that I should live more radically.

I'm starting to think about these things. It's a start. I'm too afraid to put down anything definite. Because, well - I wouldn't be comfortable doing any of the things that would be radical. I still can't leave my nets. I don't even have nets, yet, to leave. I am in college "building my nets" why do I need to build nets I'm going to leave behind? I understand that training and preparation are important. I don't think I'm ready for anything radical yet. It's sad to admit that.

No comments: