Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Well, I'm feeling much better now. I found out today that all of my symptoms are present because the side effects of my steroids won't go away for another week or two. I'm really glad. We are going to do a blood sugar level test to make sure that everything is alright, but I feel a lot better.
I went and talked to my advisor - who happens to be the head of the School of World Missions. We talked for a half hour and I told him that I had this school, being surrounded by hypocrites, feeling condemned for my "heretical" beliefs, and that I hate the Bible. He made me feel a lot better about things - and we are going to meet together to read the Bible twice a week. He is probably the most liberal professor on campus, and is giving me a chance to say whatever I want without feeling condemned. I told him in advance that I was on medicine and wasn't allowed to make any major decisions. I feel much better about things now.
I went to a creationism symposium that the school offered. It was interesting. Maybe next year they will bring in a whack job liberal who believes in evilution. Although I feel clostraphobic in the bubble - maybe I will learn to appreciate it.
I won't finish reading Mansfield Park. I'm going to cut my losses and start working on Northanger Abby. I'm teaching a lesson about it and am already getting nervous. I have the least insightful comments - ever - about Jane Austen's writing. I read on such a surface level, which is probably why I enjoy reading. I can get by in a conversation without analyzing anything. It's a great talent. I analyze later - when I blog.

No comments: