Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Times of transition are difficult. I am moving out for the summer, finishing up my last final, saying goodbye to my new friends/teachers/mentors/church family etc. Some of my really good friends are moving out for good. I might not see them again for many years. Kelly and I just broke up a little over a week ago and we definetly deal with things like this. She is accusing me of being an angry person - something that I have worked on a lot and am not anymore. It causes much pain.

In all of this transition I cling to the fact that I have a loving comforter. My transitions will be so easy compared to others. A kindergarten girl I work with will be taken away from her neglectfull mother this week. Neither she nor her mother have Christ in their lives in any real sense. While she is being pushed from one foster care home to another to whom will she cling? What love will sustain her through this time that no 6 year old should have to go through? What if any of the 50+ churches within a 10 mile radius of her house had done their job and told Katie's mom about Jesus? What if one of the 15+ churches within a mile radius of her home would have shared love? What if Katie never had to go hungry because those neighbors who love Christ were feeding her?


My friend Judson has some wonderful quotes that I love on his wall:
I always want to ask God why He allows poverty and suffering when He could do something about it. Why don't you ask Him? Because, I'm afraid He will ask me the same question.

We are an Easter people and Hallelujah is our song. - John Paul II

Judson and another guy, John Jordan, are going to live in the Ghetto of Toccoa to tell them about Jesus. Their love for the poor of this town is my "hallelujah song."

No comments: