Sunday, May 28, 2006

Well, my first day of summer camp has concluded. I am excited about the prospects for the summer. My campers for this week are all really fun.

I have 2 pastor's kids. One who learned to cope and one who didn't. A gay kid, 3 punk rockers, a huge sports fan, etc. I have 6 guys who are longing for something more, I would say that the majority of my guys haven't yet even made a decision to follow Christ - don't get me started on spiritual maturity. I love being surrounded by hurting people who need Christ. I'm glad that the gay kid is in my group - he immediatley started off by telling me that he didn't believe everything in the Bible. Most people would argue with him, but I realize that he probably doesn't disagree with the Bible - just when people use it to justify hate. I agree with him on that point. I feel that I can help each of these guys grow closer to God. It's an exciting thing.

No comments: