Thursday, September 07, 2006

I breathed a satisfying breath this morning. It was exciting ... however that was 5 hours ago when I woke up at 4 in the morning. I'm so stuffed up right now that I can't breath. Oh bother.

Some exciting things in my life that I'm not sure I have fully updated everyone on:

I am working at Liberty Elementary school reading to kids and trying to improve literacy in the south. I am working with just one kindergarten class but every day instead of once a week. It's working really well.

I have pre-applied with the Mission Society for United Methodists to be an intern this summer. They are going to send me an actual application now. It is the conservative evangelical missions agency which is sort of connected to the United Methodist church. I'm really excited. I wrote that I was interested in Evangelism work in the middle east, arts and drama ministry in Russia, or orphan care in the third world. Pretty open, but still that leaves narrows it down to where I will be happy and yet doesn't constrict too much.

I'm doing well in almost all of my classes. I have an Old Testament class that I have missed 4 times. I think I will just bomb this upcoming test and then try for really good grades from now on.

The drama ministry is starting back up for the school year.

I have been officially released from attending all chapels - so I won't have nearly as much stuff to complain about now, but I will be much happier.

I still haven't recieved an on-campus parking ticket!!!!!

I'm still going to the Charles Trogdon Wesley sunday school class (the new name for the "pairs and spares" class from the 40s-60s) and really enjoying it. They love me. I am thinking about going to the breakfast that they serve to kick off the older adult ministry. I've heard that I won't need to eat for the rest of the day. Score.

I'm still in the Spiritual Gifts Bible Study on Wednesday nights.

Dr. Smith has mentioned me in more than 6 classes this semester. I think he misses having me as a student. Even conservatives like some degree of diversity. I love all of my professors. Dustin Gardy said, "This school would really suck if it wasn't for the professors." Amen to that.

No comments: