Friday, September 15, 2006

"Salt is offered when you make an agreement with me, so sprinkle salt on these sacrifices." - Leviticus 2:13

This verse is one of many obscure verses from my Bible Chapter Summaries. I had to read the whole book of Leviticus this morning. This one verse stuck in my mind.

Jesus' "You are the salt of the earth" rings in my ears as I read this. I don't know how theologically correct this might be (frankly I don't care if I'm theologically correct - I'm not going to get it all right anyways) but, I think this thought is beautiful.

Jesus made an agreement with God and God with Jesus. They decided and agreed together that a sacrifice must be made - once and for all - for all man. Jesus was the sacrifice. We are the product of that sacrifice. Because of Christ's sacrifice - we as the salt of the earth - are offered to God as part of the agreement. Maybe we as the salt are offered to the earth to make it an offering to God as well. I don't know, but I believe that there is a beautiful connection.

I hate the Bible when I am doing Bible Chapter Summaries - I love the Bible when I find beautiful connections.

No comments: