Friday, September 08, 2006

I just finished watching "Transamerica" with my friend Tony. He's really conservative and when we were at the video place picking up "Sense and Sensibility"(I missed class today and wanted to finish the movie. I'm absolutely certain that the girl at the video store thinks I'm gay.) he said that he had wanted to watch it. It won a good number of awards and I decided to get it. It was a good movie (some awkward nude scenes, though) and it really made for a good conversation. I got to share with my friend Tony about the need for Christians to reach out to the marginalized.

How much better would the church be if we reached out to the marginalized. I pray that all of my ministry always pays attention to the marginalized.

1 comment:

Pastor Bill said...

I read something about Transamerica in Time or Newsweek (in a doctor's waiting room...heh) and wanted to see it. Sounded to me like a movie that would, as you said, spark some conversation. I expected the uncomfortable nude scenes. Too tough to watch something like that with little eyes and ears in the house, though (heh, I could watch it in my office at the church...hehehe)