Thursday, September 14, 2006

I don't know why there aren't more fat men on TV. Everytime I can think of that I've seen a fat man on TV they have made about all of their jokes off of the fact that he was fat. We get it. Carl Winslow was fat. Tommy Boy was fat. Even "normal" size guys get a little bit of ribbing for being overweight. Why can't they ever portray a fat man as sexy? Kathy Bates gets to be portrayed as a sexy fat woman. Where have all the sexy fat men gone? I'm not ashamed of the fact that I'm fat. I have a better body image than almost everyone I know.
There are a lot of people who have bodies to kill for who hate their bodies. It's pretty sad. I read a quote in Newsweek about a Madrid fashion show that fired all of the superskinny models. They wanted to portray that you can be healthy and still be beautiful. When is it newsworthy that someone thinks that healthy is beautiful? When the world thinks that paper thin is in. Celine Dion or Mariah Carey said something to the effect of "Everytime I see those TV ads for starving children I feel so bad. I'd love to be skinny like them, but I couldn't deal with all those flies and death and stuff." Sometimes I wish there were more freak tour bus accidents.
Back to the original topic. I'm happy with what I look like. I would like to be healthier, of course. But, I think that my view of myself is healthy enough to compensate for about 100 lbs. Now I just need to lose the other 30 I need to be a normal weight for my height.

No comments: